1. I am a size 0. I had been buying skirts at size two or four, and they all ended up too large in the waist. I went shopping and discovered that size zero at most stores fit me quite well. Unfortunately, I gained almost five pounds this week.
2. I am so incredibly lucky to go to the school I attend. I remember when I tested for one of the D.C. Metropolitan area’s premier private school for middle school. The process consisted of many placement tests, including a three-hundred dollar Wechsler IQ Test.
What I don’t remember is the competition to get in. Apparently, in New York City, San Francisco, and even D.C. private schools have great competition for admissions according to this article. I found this surprising primarily because I have friends that attend most of the D.C. Metropolitan area private high schools- from Georgetown Day to Georgetown Prep, National Cathedral to Madiera.
While I did apply to a couple, after I was admitted to my current high school, I no longer worried about getting in. I must admit that I have wondered quite a few times what it would be like to attend some of the schools, but I am pretty happy where I am.
3. College Humor is incredibly addicting to watch- especially Jake and Amir.
4. I cannot wait for the weather to be warmer! These are cherry blossoms and the Jefferson Memorial. (Photo via Flickr.)
5. My previous slight addiction to Gossip Girl is starting to wane. Since I’m generally too busy to catch the show on Monday night, I generally just read a summary and watch the Blair/Chuck clips at blairandchuck.com. While I do miss some of the fashion by the other characters, it is enough for me. I had planned to watch all of the episodes over break, but I have decided not to despite all of the time I had this week. Nevertheless, I absolutely adore this outfit- the dress, the cardigan, the hair, the anchor necklace are all so fab!
Oh yes, and a spoiler pic. Doesn’t Blair look so much like Eliza in My Fair Lady? (My AP Latin class is currently translating Pygmalion.)
7. Due to my injury and lack of extensive physical exercise lately, it made my stomach sore to do more than 300 sit ups. Now, after ten days of 300 sit ups a day, my stomach seems to be well on it’s way to it’s previous ability to do 500 sit ups in one sitting without pain the next day.
8. I really like veggies.
8. I really like veggies.
9. I’m so short that what I thought was a dress turned out to be a shirt. While my parents were searching for some kitchen appliance, I found this shirt at Target. Even with heels, the shirt/dress doesn’t even seem that short on me.
I also saw this darling seersucker dress. Unfortunately there was only a size eight left :(